The Rough Guide to Cuba
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Cuba with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to explore Baracoas's lush countryside, tour the isolated prison where Fidel Castro and his cohorts were incarcerated or sip cooling cocktails on one of Hotel Nacional's elegant terraces, The Rough Guide to Cuba will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Cuba:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Cuba
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Havana, Varadero and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the beautiful chaos of the Havana skyline from the Plaza Vieja and the verdant banks of the Banos de San Juan
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Trinidad Old Town, Habana Vieja and Havana's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Cuba, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Havana; Artemisa and Pinar del Rio; Varadero, Matanzas and Mayabeque; Cienfuegos and Villa Clara; Trinidad and Sancti Spiritus; Ciego de Avila and Camaguey; Northern Oriente; Santiago de Cuba and Granma; Isla de la Juventud and Cayo Largo
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Jamaica, The Rough Guide to Trinidad & Tobago, The Rough Guide to Mexico
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical t