Filled with compelling case studies that connect key content to real-world health care scenarios, Memmler’s Structure and Function of the Human Body , 11th Edition, provides easy-to-understand, beautifully illustrated coverage of the essentials of normal anatomy and physiology. The first text designed specifically to meet the needs of allied health students, this acclaimed resource has evolved over the years to address changing course requirements and student needs. This edition continues the tradition with a new, more accessible design, a wide range of new study tools, and a robust multimedia electronic ancillary package for both instructors and students.
Throughout the book, anatomic art illustrates concepts with accuracy and simplicity; case studies highlighting anatomy and physiology demonstrate the relevance of the content to a career in the health professions; and hallmark pedagogy blends remediation, reinforcement, and real-world focus to ensure student success.
* Personalized chapter-by-chapter quizzes powered by PrepU help students learn more and improve their pass rates on exams, while giving instructors a window into their students’ progress by pinpointing misconceptions, strengths, and weaknesses.
* A&P in Action boxes open each chapter with a scenario that integrates chapter content into a medical setting, bringing the information to life for students.
* A&P in Action Revisitedboxes , which appear later in the chapter, expand on the opening scenario and encourage students to apply the chapter’s concepts to the outcome of each case.
* A full-body The Body Visible transparency insert assists students in performing a virtual dissection of the human body from skin down to bone and allows them to test themselves on their understanding of skin, muscles, bones, veins/arteries, etc. New associated chapter questions deepen student understanding.
* New Process Diagrams ensure student mastery by calling out and illustrating the steps of a complex process, such as negative feedback control for maintaining homeostasis.
* New Cadaver Photograph-related Questions help students apply anatomic knowledge to novel situations.
* New Casepoints (in-chapter review questions) link content to the opening case study.
* New Critical Thinking Questions that challenge students to apply concepts to the A&P in Action case study help them to understand how basic concepts of anatomy and physiology relate to clinical situations.
* New Misconception Alerts , marked by an icon, point out common student misconceptions (identified by the PrepU adaptive quizzing program) to improve understanding of important ideas.
* New One Step at a Time features expand on basic science concepts introduced in the case study