Discover The Secrets to Mastering Landscape Photography At Night
Night photography and astrophotography can be two of the most frustrating sub-genres of landscape. A lot of the reason for this is because:
1. It really is a hard subject to master due to the lack of light.
2. People don’t understand how to go about mastering it.
It’s very technical, math based, and has a lot of steps. While this can put a lot of people off, I’m here to break it down for you. Planning is absolutely key, and I’ll walk you through every step you need to make your shoot successful.
Here Is A Preview Of What You’ll Learn Inside…
- Tips and Tricks for Photographing in Low Light: Before diving right into night photography, I think it’s best to get your feet wet with a little introduction into the world of low light photography. If you can master this, night photography is the next logical step. The tips include information on the importance of selecting ISO and using a tripod to reduce shake. These things carry over into night photography.
- Astrophotography and Night Photography: I explain the difference; inclusion of landscape along with the sky or without.
- How Dark Does it Need to Be?: This chapter discusses how to figure out the light pollution in your area, and a few tips on how to combat it and use it to your advantage if need be.
- The Gear: This comprehensive list breaks down the essential gear you need to make it work.
- Planning Your Shoot and Composition: Talks about all the steps you need to take to make your shoot successful. Have a list of all the equipment you need and make sure to pack it all (and extra) at least the night before. Get to know your equipment and make sure it’s all set where it should be in the daylight, before you get to your location. This chapter also discusses the way in which composition differs when you work at night.
- Getting Star Trails: How to make beautiful star trails in your image
- Getting Point Stars: Provides opposite techniques to the previous tip, including how to determine exposure time for this style.
- Editing: Night photography has its own kind of retouching that you have to do to get the perfect image, and I break down all the steps and how to make them work for you.
Tags: photography, photoshop, photography books, photography magazine, photoshop cc, photo books, photoshop cs6, photography for dummies, photography for beginners, photography business, photography compostion, photography for kids, photography coffee table books, photography lighting, dslr, photography composition, landscape photography, darkroom photography, photography for beginners, photography lighting, digital photography for beginners, digital photography, dslr photography for beginners, portrait photography, dslr photography