A project based guides to learn animation, advanced shaders, environments, particle rendering, and networked games with Godot 3.0Key Features
- Learn the art of developing cross-platform games
- Leverage Godot's node and scene system to design robust, reusable game objects
- Integrate Blender easily and efficiently with Godot to create powerful 3D games
Godot Engine Game Development Projects is an introduction to the Godot game engine and its new 3.0 version. Godot 3.0 brings a large number of new features and capabilities that make it a strong alternative to expensive commercial game engines. For beginners, Godot offers a friendly way to learn game development techniques, while for experienced developers it is a powerful, customizable tool that can bring your visions to life.
This book consists of five projects that will help developers achieve a sound understanding of the engine when it comes to building games.
Game development is complex and involves a wide spectrum of knowledge and skills. This book can help you build on your foundation level skills by showing you how to create a number of small-scale game projects. Along the way, you will learn how Godot works and discover important game development techniques that you can apply to your projects.
Using a straightforward, step-by-step approach and practical examples, the book will take you from the absolute basics through to sophisticated game physics, animations, and other techniques. Upon completing the final project, you will have a strong foundation for future success with Godot 3.0.What you will learn
- Get started with the Godot game engine and editor
- Organize a game project
- Import graphical and audio assets
- Use Godot's node and scene system to design robust, reusable game objects
- Write code in GDScript to capture input and build complex behaviors
- Implement user interfaces to display information
- Create visual effects to spice up your game
- Learn techniques that you can apply to your own game projects
Godot Engine Game Development Projects is for both new users and experienced developers, who want to learn to make games using a modern game engine. Some prior programming experience in C and C++ is recommended.